Important: Ace Buyers is a TREND-SETTING leader in innovating ideas in Northern Michigan for preventing stolen items from entering our store. Although some times items do make it into our store that turn out to be stolen, you can rest assured we make every reasonable effort to prevent being an outlet for thieves to sell stolen items.
Ace Buyers has taken considerable steps that take time and money to prevent and convict those who try and sell stolen items to our store
- We provide a nightly report to local law enforcement of all items we take in. This is sent electronically to City, County, and State police. -First store to do this in Northern Michigan.
- Numerous angled video backups of every transaction performed (24 hours a day/7 days a week. for months. -First store to do this in Northern Michigan.
- Valid State issue photo ID REQUIRED for each transaction.
- Electronic biometric scanners capture fingerprints of every seller. -First store to do this in Northern Michigan
- Signed legal contract that, by law, makes those responsible for items they sell or consign with us.
- WE DO NOT BUY FROM MINORS.
- We do NOT do business with anyone a police officer tells us not to or people we suspect of having acquired their item(s) by illegal means.
- Serial numbers are entered for all items at time of purchase and are kept on record forever
- All firearm purchases are reported to police -First and only store to do this in Grand Traverse County
- All items in store can be traced back to the person who sold it to us.
- Detailed item descriptions of all items including brand, model, serial number, distinguishing characteristics, accessories included, etc are entered into inventory.
- We are always trying to figure out new ways to protect our community by not making ourselves an easy spot for thieves to unload stolen property.
If you are missing an item, and believe it to be stolen, fill out the form below and we’ll keep an eye out for it.
[contact-form-7 id=”209″ title=”Report”]